I prepared it in asciidoc format, and then processed it into XHTML. I then pasted it into the edit body for posting. The first attempt included some title and change tracking sections that did not look good for a blog. They were just a few <div> sections in the HTML. I removed them and like the result.
I processed it into PDF. Again, I think the title and change tracking sections look awful. The table of contents is OK but clunky. So I need to look into more detail about sections and templates for asciidoc to figure out how to remove them. Unlike HTML, it's not easy to just fix the resulting PDF.
I processed it into an EPUB. This looks pretty good using both calibre reader (on Linux and on Windows), and with the Nook reader on Android. The title and change tracking are not bad in those displays.
There is no way to create MS-Word documents directly, but that's no surprise. Open source folks are hostile towards Microsoft, and the MS-Word formats are both proprietary and protected by patents.
I have confirmed that the asciidoc toolset works on both my Linux and Windows systems. It might work on Mac OS. The hard part will be the dependencies on Python and LaTeX. Setting those up on a Mac might be hard. On Windows I used cygwin and everything just worked.